Ball Python Diet And Feeding Reptiles
You cannot turn your ball python into something it is not. If you truly cannot feed your snake rodents, then perhaps you should find yourself a different pet. Guinea pigs make great pets! So do bearded dragons (they eat vegetation and insects). But other than egg-eating snakes, all other snakes consume live prey of some type, in the wild. That’s just the way it is.... When choosing to feed live mice and rats, understand that a rat is capable of injuring or killing an adult ball python. Rats may bite and leave open sores on ball pythons who neglect to strike right away. If you do feed live prey, make sure that you watch your snake, and ensure that the rat does not harm your animal. Use feeding tongs to extract the rat from the enclosure if necessary.
Python Passion Frequently Asked Q & A
i wish i could post a video of my ball python chewing on a live mouses face just to have you gag and foam at the mouth. you're self righteous and delusional. live feeding it happens in nature. stop over analyzing the situation! food will be food. as smart as we all like to think we are - there are animals out there that will snatch us up for lunch without thinking twice about whether or not we... Imported ball pythons typically go into a fast between November and April, while all ball pythons usually go off feed during the winter breeding season. Also, females do not feed when gravid (developing and holding eggs) and while brooding eggs. Many adult, imported ball pythons do not begin feeding for six to 12 months after being brought into this country.
How to Deal With Feeding Problems in Ball Pythons Follow
13/01/2011 · Best Answer: Don't, instead feed 1 larger rat. It would be better if you made the transition to rats instead of feeding multiple mice. Most Ball Pythons can eat a fuzzy right out of the egg. Your snake could very well be able to take a rat fuzzy. What you feed your snake should be about the same size around as your snake. You how to get rid of bloodshot eyes naturally When choosing to feed live mice and rats, understand that a rat is capable of injuring or killing an adult ball python. Rats may bite and leave open sores on ball pythons who neglect to strike right away. If you do feed live prey, make sure that you watch your snake, and ensure that the rat does not harm your animal. Use feeding tongs to extract the rat from the enclosure if necessary.
How do you feed two small mice to a ball python? Quora
Ball pythons love mice above any other option presented to them. The size of the snake is an essential element as well. The mouse should be roughly the same size as the largest part of the python… how to live a kawaii lifestyle 1/08/2009 · If the snake likes what you feed it better than the mice/rats it's used to it might not go back. Inducing a feeding issue in an otherwise eating snake is not easy to fix, nor the smartest thing. Inducing a feeding issue in an otherwise eating snake is not easy to fix, nor the smartest thing.
How long can it take?
How big should a rat be to feed your ball python?
- Can i feed my Ball Python Live Hopper Mice? Yahoo Answers
- Will my ball python reject pre-killed mice if i feed it
- How do I feed a Ball Python pre-killed mice? Yahoo Answers
- How big should a rat be to feed your ball python?
How To Feed A Ball Python Live Mice
Ball pythons are notorious for occasionally being a challenge when it comes to feeding. They will feed their entire lives on rodents such as mice and rats. Ball pythons each have their own personalities and feeding preferences.
- Feeding Your Ball Pythons Frozen Rats. Frozen-thawed (F/T) rats are in my opinion the best meal for your pet ball python. F/T is cheaper, easier to keep, and safer for your snake.
- In the wild, ball pythons prey primarily on rats, mice, rabbits and other small local rodents. This means that in captivity, they will usually readily accept either frozen-thawed or live mice and rats as they grow. Frozen-thawed mice or rats can be purchased at your local pet shop while live prey may be harder to get. Pythons are opportunistic feeders which means that they will eat almost
- How Often to Feed a Ball Python; Feeding Pink Mice to a Baby Corn Snake; 3 thoughts on “ What Size Feeder Mice / Rats to Offer a Snake ” MARK SOCQUE says: September 1, 2016 at 3:10 pm THANKS ALOT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHEN I SHOULD START TO FEED MY BOA-CONSTRICTOR RATS THANKS ALOT. Reply. Brandi says: March 17, 2018 at 8:33 pm I have a 2 month male ball Python…
- 18/01/2009 · A ball python can eat animals much larger than it's stomach because it's stomach stretches out and then compacts the food down. If his head is the size of your thumb, he can eat mice. I now feed him full sized rats and his head is only a bit larger than a man's thumb.